1. Digital Camera - Although we suggest you use a DSLR, Micro 4/3 or mirrorless, you may also participate in this Photo Boot Camp with any digital camera. If your camera does not have full manual overrides or a flash you will not be able to take full advantage of the the night time sessions.
2. Flash - you may use your on camera (built in flash) or an external speedlight.
3. Tripod - You will need a full size tripod for 2 of the three night sessions (1 night for Holiday Boot Camp) and a table top tripod for the Top of the Rock. If you would like to us to provide you with a rental tripod (full size or table top) at no additional cost you must notify us at the time of registration.
4. Lenses - It is recommended that you have a range of lens choices from 24-200mm (full frame) or 18-175mm (DX sensor). If you only have a 35mm or 50mm prime (fixed focal length) lens you will unable to take full advantage of most of the shooting opportunities of these workshops. And ultra wide angle lense (16-35mm or 10-24mm) is also VERY helpful.
5. Memory Cards - Although each photographer participant's experience will be different, you may be taking upwards of 700-2000 images on each day. Please bring more memory than you anticipate needing in one day. It's best to have and not need than to need and not have. We recommend that you use multiple cards during your workshop as memory cards can fail; it would be a shame to loose everything because of one bad card.
6. Filters - There may be an opportunity to do broad daylight slow shutter speed photography on the 5 day session. This will require that you have a 10 or 15 stop filter. Information on buying filters is available on these podcasts: How to Buy Filters & Square or Circular Filters
8. Laptop - Post production will be covered in the 5 Day Photography Workshop and you will need to bring a laptop loaded with Lightroom Classic and Photoshop and some images ready to go. This is only if you want to participate in the post production session.
7. Appropriate attire - please check the weather forecast and be ready for everything. There will be a lot of walking on pavement and uneven surfaces, please wear comfortable shoes; this is not the time to break in a new pair of shoes.
If you have questions or concerns please send us an email at [email protected]